Monday, May 15, 2017

DT SASPC - Desktop Organizer

Welcome!

I'm again and my second project inspiration for our monthly

Anything Goes - Steampunk/Industrial

 

  
On my desk mostly the pure chaos prevails 
and I am constantly on the search for something.
Therefore I made a new organizer from old recycle materials
to have my brushes and pencils on one place.

 

I used some paper rolls from toilet and kitchenpaper.
I have cut the rolls in different sizes
and glued it all on a thick cardstock piece. 
I started my alteration by using some DecoArt Weathered Wood, 
then a thick layer of chalky finish paint 'Timeless'.
Let it dry.
Now a layer of fine Texture Sand paste
only in some places.
  

  and now a mixture from some rust acrylic paints
DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Transparent Yellow, Iron Oxide, Quinacridone Gold and Carbon Black
 Diluted in water they will run very well.



 Finally some gears (dies with texture paper) rub ons and embellishments,
I highlighted all of the raised areas with a metalic silver wax creme 
and the new organizer was ready.


 My  teamies at SASPC have come up with many 
inspiring and different versions 

on the theme this time.
Happy crafting!
Kerstin

4 comments:

  1. Kerstin, this is amazing - I thought they were pipes you used!! Fantastic up-clycling of cardboard tubes! Love the wonderful rusty effect, and how you highlighted the gears! Just wondering, did you do anything to make it waterproof? Off to start collecting tubes... hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Maura, no pipes, even I call it sometimes organ pipes ;-) there are thick inner parts from kitchen rolls, they are not all the same and well suited, the packaging of wall-mounted posters also work very well. In order to get them to the right size you have to use a saw. By working with color and crackle medium they become more stable after drying. Hugs Kerstin

      Delete
  2. Wow wow wow - jedes Mal, wenn ich deinen tollen Desk Organiser sehe, bin ich aufs Neue hin und weg, liebe Kerstin! Und befüllt macht er auch eine super Figur! Einfach klasse!

    Liebe Grüße,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing creation! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!