Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Stormy Sea

Welcome!

today a new mixed media project, I love this art, because you can combine so many techniques, new ideas and a various palette of embellishments. 
I wanted to paint again and it should be a new adventure painted picture for a child's room, but without 3D effects does not work for me and so created a new mixed media art project.


I think my inspiration is easy to recognize, or?
Yes, Pirates of the Caribbean, a little bit of Black Pearl, Flying dutchman and a stormy sea with the Kraken and a view on the sea bottom.
 Flashes twitch above the sky,
see on the horizon!
 
used materials
 

Tips & Tricks
 how I made an old pirate ship


 I used a cutout from old magazine as basis
two wooden skewer, gauze
Fabric stiffener and acrylic black paint
Tyvek + some metallic paints

 

soak gauze with Fabric stiffener
put it in folds like a sail
let it dry
make the two wooden skewer black


use prepared Tyvek as  hull
I drawed some lines around the whole ship,
  make it appear even bigger

some details


The Kraken
my original painted art, OMG
I think he has just knotted the poor ;-)


 



more questions???
please ask me :-)

Challenge


Happy crafting
Kerstin





9 comments:

  1. Love this work! The scene you created is absolutely stunning! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So beautiful with so many Details. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very very cool! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gracious Kerstin - what a treat to see how you made your SPECTACULAR ship. Any Pirates fan would adore your creativity here as well as regular folk like me! SPLENDID texture and use of found objects not to forget the STUNNING colors. Thanks bunches for joining our DecoArt Media, Under the Sea challenge. Joi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooo much Joi, your comments are the purest pleasure for me <3 !!!

      Delete
  5. Stunning by the sea canvas, love all the hues of blue. Thanks so much for joining on the DecoArt Media Under the Sea Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of the storm with the lightning. Wow!! Then your Kraken is amazing. Thanks for explaining how you made the ship sails. Fantastic idea! Congrats on your spotlight at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary, that makes my day :-)!!

      Delete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!